1. Rinse 1 pound of dry black eye peas. (Is it "eye" or "eyed"? LOL)
2. Put them in your slow cooker with 4 cups of chicken broth and 2 cups of water.
3. Add 1 tsp. of cajun seasoning.
I used Tony Chachere's. It's yummy. Try it.
4. Add some ham if you choose. I added the ham bone with some meat on it left over from Christmas.
5. Cook on low for 6 hours.
That's it! My kind of recipe.
Happy New Year!
Slow Cooker Black Eyed Peas
1 lb. dry black eyed peas
4 cups of chicken broth
2 cups of water
1 tsp. cajun seasoning
1. Rinse the black eyed peas and put in the slow cooker.
2. Add chicken broth, water, seasoning, and ham and stir.
3. Cook on low for 6 hours.