Thursday, December 27, 2012

My 2 Criteria For a Good Recipe

I never knew until recent years that black eyed peas were good luck if served on New Year's.  While I don't believe in "good luck", I do believe in good food.  So here's a black eyed peas recipe that I tested for you today.  It's easy and it's good-those are my 2 criteria for a recipe.  Enjoy!

1.  Rinse 1 pound of dry black eye peas. (Is it "eye" or "eyed"? LOL)
2. Put them in your slow cooker with 4 cups of chicken broth and 2 cups of water.
3.  Add 1 tsp. of cajun seasoning.
I used Tony Chachere's.  It's yummy.  Try it.

4.  Add some ham if you choose.  I added the ham bone with some meat on it left over from Christmas.  
5.  Cook on low for 6 hours.  

That's it!  My kind of recipe. 
Happy New Year!

Slow Cooker Black Eyed Peas
Ingredients:
1 lb. dry black eyed peas
4 cups of chicken broth
2 cups of water
1 tsp. cajun seasoning
ham (optional)

Directions:
1.  Rinse the black eyed peas and put in the slow cooker.
2.  Add chicken broth, water, seasoning, and ham and stir.
3.  Cook on low for 6 hours.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers