Sunday, January 6, 2013

Top 10 New Years Resolutions I'm NOT Making


In 2013, I do NOT resolve to:

1.  Exercise 3 times per week
2.  Lose weight by spring break
3.  Count calories
4.  Cut out sugar
5.  Organize every room in my house
6.  Save more/spend less
7.  Catch up on 10 years of scrapbooking
8.  Eliminate/cut back on social networking
9.  Quit spending so much at Starbucks
10.  Work smarter at my job

This is my 40th year of life (it hurts to type that).   I have made New Years Resolutions approximately 25 out of those 40 years.  I dare say there have been very few (o.k.-more like NONE) of those resolutions that I have actually fully accomplished.  
So why set myself up for failure?   None of the items listed are bad-many of them are great! So this is not to say that I won't be giving attention to many of these areas in my life throughout 2013.  
But I want this year to be different.  Instead, I wanted to set 1 goal that outweighs all others.  An attainable goal, a goal with eternal value that doesn't only revolve around ME.    

So the Hughes Family GOAL for 2013 is for us to read our Bible through together by the end of this year.   We are into Genesis currently and it has been such a blessing already-such precious time reading and just being together.   Our current plan is to read 4 chapters a day (we each read 1 chapter aloud).  This allows us to skip on extra busy days which realistically happen too often.

It's a GOAL that I can be excited about.  And somehow I feel lighter this New Years than in previous years.  2013 is going to be amazing!
Happy New Year from our family to yours!!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers