Friday, February 22, 2013

Frosting on the Cupcake

Here's a simple trick to frost your cupcakes and make them look "fancy" and bakery-like.

Most of the time I use store bought frosting.  I prefer the fluffy white.  It IS fluffy, and works well with this technique.  I've had great success adding food color to it as well.  You need 2 tubs of this frosting for 24 cupcakes.

I use a mug to hold a gallon freezer ziploc bag.  The freezer bags are a little thicker. Put the entire tub of frosting in the baggie.  

Twist the top and snip about a half inch off the bottom of the bag.  

Then in a circular motion pipe it on the cupcake, finishing in the center making a peak.  I like the look of not going all the way to the edge of the cupcake.




I love adding these white sugar sprinkles.  The sparkle just makes them extra special.


The result are cupcakes that look like I know something about cupcake decorating. LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers