Friday, April 5, 2013

Pancake Mini Muffins with Bacon



I saw this recipe pictured on Pinterest a while back but there was no source.  It seemed like a good idea so I decided to give it a try anyway. It was a win!

Cook the bacon.  I always cook mine in the oven on a slotted pan.  Much easier than standing over it on the stovetop.

Prepare the pancake mix according to package directions. To make 36 mini muffins I prepared enough mix for 12-14 pancakes.  I also added 1 tsp. of vanilla and 1 tsp. of cinnamon.


Spray the muffin tin well with non stick spray. Break each piece of bacon into fourths and put a piece into each of the mini muffins.

Using a small scooper or teaspoon add pancake mix to each muffin.


Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.  They barely get golden brown.  Don't worry-they are done.
I love how the bacon peeks out.  Serve with syrup and enjoy.  

Pancake Mini Muffins with Bacon
(yield 36 mini muffins)
Ingredients:
9 slices of bacon (not thin cut)
pancake mix 
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon
non stick spray

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a mini muffin pan well with non stick spray.
Break the bacon into fourths and put one piece into each muffin.
Prepare pancake mix according to package directions.
Add 1 tsp. of vanilla and 1 tsp. of cinnamon and mix.
Put a small scoop of pancake mix over each piece of bacon. Fill almost to the top.
Bake for 15 min. 

Muffins will not brown much-don't be alarmed! :)
Dip in syrup and enjoy!

1 Comments:

  1. I haven't seen this recipe on Pinterest, but I am definitely going to try it! Looks like a fun breakfast idea for my little girls (and mommy and daddy!) Thanks for sharing! :) Lana

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers